BUSINESS MANAGER BUSY PRACTICE HUNTINGDON to£40k BENS in Cambridgeshire
Business Manager required in Huntingdonshire |40 Hours per Week |£35,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Dream Medical are looking for an experienced forward-thinking Business Manager to join the team in Huntingdonshire to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the practice run smoothly. Working with and reporting to the Senior Operations Manager for Primary Care, the post holder will be an experienced leader, a strong people and operational manager, who is able to bring the local team together and lead the Service both strategically and day to day (business as usual - BAU). They will be expected to grow the patient list size at pace, while managing and coordinating all aspects of practice functionality, motivating, and directly managing staff, effectively communicating the vision and ethos to both staff, patients and external stakeholders.
Using excellent business skills, the post holder will optimise efficiency, engagement and financial performance through driving and delivering set objectives relating to revenue targets, KPIs and cost management. The post holder will also be responsible for audit, data reporting and financial processes in accordance to the groups and CQC's processes and standards.
Working autonomously, the Business Manager will ensure that the service is delivering high-quality care, whilst the local team are supported, ensuring daily huddles and regular staff meetings take place. They will submit regular highlight reports to the Senior Operations Manager for Primary Care to share feedback and confirmation of how their service is performing. Using a data driven approach the local leader will work with Business Intelligence to get the information that they require to show the services overall performance. They will also use this data to identify where there are potential gaps and what interventions need to be put in place to support service delivery.
With the support of the reception team, the Senior Operations Manager for Primary Care and the support functions within the group such as HR, Finance, Payroll and Business Intelligence, the post holder will harness a working environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity. They will seek to make a positive difference at work every day and believe in the culture and vision of the company; to improve lives for patients, our colleagues, and our communities by putting people first, working together towards a healthier future.
• Produce monthly performance reports both operational and financial, including a highlight report, identifying how the service is overall performing
• Deliver business growth, and drive financial improvement for the service
• Increase the patient list size in the practice by offering the best service to patients
• Fully engage with the budgetary setting process and be responsible for the financial performance of the site, working alongside the Finance Controller/ Management Accountant to deliver viable and sustainable services
• Ensuring that all income and expenditure due to or made by the practice is received or recorded and submitted to the Support Centre to enable preparation of financial reports
• Understand what income streams are available for the practice to deliver upon and receive, including both regional and national streams such as LES, DES and QOF
• Manage appropriate systems for handling and recording of cash and cheques and petty cash
• Ensure SystemOne is being managed appropriately, appointments are being utilised by the right patients, in the right way and all other tasks such as repeat prescriptions are being recorded correctly
• Have substantial people management experience
• Possess extensive experience of managing a Primary Care Service
• Evidence a proven track record of success (i.e. CQC ratings, innovation, positive working relationships across PCN, strong leadership etc).
• Evidence of good patient and community engagement
• Possess a dynamic and innovative approach
• NHS Pension with 20.6% Employer Contribution
• 33 days annual leave (inc. Bank holidays), which rises with length of Service (pro rata for part time)
• Extra day of leave per year for work anniversary
• Enhanced Maternity, Maternity Support (Paternity), Adoption pay
• Special and Significant Event Leave
• Family friendly employment policies
• Continued personal and professional development
• Participation in the client's refer a friend scheme
• Internal wellbeing support through the client's Wellbeing Advisors
• Employee Assistance Program run by awarding winning Health Assured
• Eye care scheme – free eye test plus a contribution towards glasses
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to NHS Discounts
For more information on this salaried position in Huntingdonshire, please do apply with your most up to date CV.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Call us on 0118 321 2820 for assistance with this job.