SKIN CANCER SCREENING NURSE PRIVATE CLINIC LONDON c£51k BENS in London Central
Skin Cancer screening/Dermatology Nurse required for a Private Clinic in London
Dream Medical is Working with an esteemed private client in London who are looking to recruit an experienced Skin Cancer/Dermatology Nurse,
In this role you will work as part of the nurse practice team to deliver a high standard of skin cancer screening, advice, care, and support to patients. As a mole cancer screening nurse, you will provide the first point of entry into our Dermatology Pathway. You will be expected to demonstrate clinical and communication skills to a high standard and a commitment to improving the service through on-going personal and professional development.
We are looking for a competent, compassionate, and confident nurse who can identify normal lesions as well as those that may be suspicious in patients who have requested a general mole check-up.
You will have access and the ability to refer to Dermatologist's working at LDC to support the diagnosis who can remove suspicious lesions identified during the mole screening process and provide the necessary care. This ensures a complete pathway for those patients needing further care. You will be involved supporting these consultants with minor ops.
Previous dermatology experience is essential alongside experience in skin cancer screening and treatment as well as experience in mole screening, and running a nurse led clinic. Ideally you would have a special interest in dermoscopy.
This role would offer the successful candidate the opportunity to help build and develop a unique private mole cancer screening pathway.
The ability to perform other general nursing procedures as carried out in primary care such as cervical screening, ECG's, ear syringing and phlebotomy would be desirable.
This is a Part time role (30 Hours/4 days)
• To take a comprehensive skin history and perform a full skin assessment on each patient including dermoscopy where necessary.
• Educate each patient on how to protect their skin and care for skin diseases and conditions at home.
• Ensure provision of high standards of care for patients.
• Ensure compliance with relevant NICE Guidelines, BDNG Competencies and NMC Code.
• Enhance quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
• Be able to work autonomously and plan/organise own workload in order to meet patient's needs.
• Always ensure compliance with Clinic Policies & Procedures.
• Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
• Work in accordance with the Clinic Plan to assist in meeting the Clinic Objectives.
Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin
Previous Mole screening/dermatology experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To be willing to undertake educational programmes as appropriate to the post
To be willing to support wider nursing team with general nurse appointments when required.
Educated to degree or masters level.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Call us on 0118 321 2820 for assistance with this job.